The Research Manager at the Women and Public Policy Program oversees all research administration, development, and outreach. This includes management of pre-award sponsored grant proposal processes, writing and editing research summaries for internal and external audiences, coordinating WAPPP faculty engagement opportunities, and management of research fellows program. This position translates complex research for both academic and non-academic audiences and identifies strategic outreach venues to maximize impact of research findings.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Women and Public Policy Program and works closely with the Director.Research Program Administration
- Works directly with Director to design, develop, advise and implement new research projects and initiatives
- Manages the WAPPP scholarly fellows program, including solicitation of applications, review of applications, processing of appointment forms, initial orientation and daily management of all administrative and research matters
- Oversees the WAPPP Working Paper Series, including identification of faculty and fellows to contribute and maintenance of working papers on the Centers website
- Management of WAPPP grant distribution to faculty, doctoral students and Jane Mansbridge Research Award recipients
- Supports faculty research projects both pre and post award, ensuring compliance with A-21 sponsored research policies and guidelines, as well as IRB protocols and applications
- Serves as the liaison to the Harvard research administration units, and is responsible for center reporting requirements to the Universitys Office of Sponsored Research as well as the HKS Research Administration Office
- Management of case study contracts and development
- Works to identify potential collaboration among faculty throughout HKS, Harvard University and other academic institutions
- Management and maintenance of WAPPP faculty affiliations
- Works with Events Manager and advises on research presenters for the weekly WAPPP seminar
- Responsible for research related programming, including faculty meetings, fellows networking events, and research conferences.
- Participates in and staffs seminars, meetings, and events of the center as needed
Research Development and Outreach
- Manages efforts to advance WAPPPs research impact and faculty engagement in collaboration with Center leadership
- Provides research content on the WAPPP website, social media, and publications and works closely with Communications Manager on dissemination
- Writes, edits, and disseminates research briefs and information to maximize impact of findings for internal and external constituents, including University and annual reports, publications, other print and online materials
- Collects, tracks, and summarizes applicable gender research and interventions for gender action portal
- Develops language that tells the story of WAPPP and its research impact
- Identifies sponsored grant opportunities to advance gender-focused research through WAPPP affiliated faculty, and produces grant proposals to foundations, government agencies, and high capacity donors
- Works with Executive Director on strategic development of partnerships with governments, foundations, corporation, individual high donor prospects, and members of the Womens Leadership Board
Pre-Employment Screening: Credit
Additional Information: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one document.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
Posted By: Elynor Moss
Wednesday, April 25th 2012 at 9:18AM