UNFI is now hiring graduates for careers in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics. Apply Today! (1760 hits)
This position will ultimately be responsible for the marketing and selling of organic, natural and specialty products. Associates in this role will increase the knowledge and awareness of business owners by recommending products and specialty items for UNFI accounts. Additionally, each position will be assigned an area of expertise that will directly impact and support the strategic growth of the company. Assignments will vary and will apply directly to the areas of food science and the organic, natural and specialty product categories. Responsibilities include the growth of an $8-10 million dollar book of business. This position creates opportunity to impact the business in meaningful and dynamic ways by contributing to the overall health of the Independent Sales channel. This is a development role. Successful completion of the training program will result in promotion to a Territory Manager Role within UNFI.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Critical thinker with strong problem solving skills and business acumen
• Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
• Ability to educate and influence business owners and entrepreneurs
• Creative, action oriented and well organized
• Ability to communicate complex information easily and persuasively to various constituents
• Thought leader in the field of Food Science and Nutrition
1. Serve as an advisor to UNFI customers and senior leaders on strategic issues.
2. Contribute to the development of key strategic planning processes related to sales plans, programs and goals.
3. Responsible for the effective performance of any/all sales activities.
4. Outline and manage strategic competitive analysis around trends in the industry.
5. Understand key competitor’s strategy and its implications on the business.
6. Facilitate productive working sessions and articulately present, support and defend synthesized analyses and recommendations.
7. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple fast-paced, high-visibility, complex assignments.
8. Ability to partner effectively and achieve results through influencing others.
9. Own an area of strategic focus and act as a subject matter expert for the corporation.
**16 POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK, WASHINGTON, DC, ATLANTA, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES AND DALLAS**