||Redwood City, CA
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology
Assistant Manager, Social Media Marketing|
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Develop and manage execution of creative and strategic programs to effectively and efficiently support product launch campaigns and Nintendo brand overall on each social media network, including a well- articulated approach for growing engagement with consumers and conversation
of data, creating actionable insights from that data, and owning detailed
social media metric reports
- Lead and partner on campaign plan programs for a
wide range of products and services, devising and executing unique social
marketing tactics in a team setting while collaborating with the broader
- Manage multiple programs, often launching or executing concurrently, and realizing real-time improvements while monitoring and reporting consumer sentiment and conversion to internal teams
- Proactively monitor the Nintendo brand conversation through social media channels and other public forums
- Partner with Nintendo’s internal teams to align on content marketing, social execution and creative development, product messaging and promotions. Work internationally, cross-departmentally and across
to explore and identify ways of leveraging social media to drive awareness, advocacy and purchase intent for the brand and products
- Organize and align across departments to capture all related content marketing development, including video assets and artwork, to be distributed on NOA owned social channels.
- Manage content management platforms, including day-to-day management, trouble-shooting and reporting
- Develop rigorous approach for experimenting
with, testing and measuring social media initiatives
- Serve as a social media expert within the company, maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies, and tactics
- Maintain NOA social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement
- Present program plans, reports, trends analysis and innovation studies to internal audiences, including executives
- Identify, socialize and apply macro social
marketing trends to quantifiably support business objective
- As designated, may represent Nintendo
as an official corporate spokesperson; successful completion of training
- Other duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of social marketing and/or consumer marketing experience
- Experience rapidly growing and fostering an audience or community
- Experience with social media analytics including
interpretation of data, creating actionable insights from that data, and owning
detailed social media metric reports.
- Familiarity using social media listening tools
- Expert understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr – both as a marketer and as a user
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
working with large and small teams
working with cross-discipline marketing partners: PR, Advertising, CRM, Retail, Web, etc.
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills. Knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices, principles and software preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relevant field required
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.