|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Law Enforcement, and Security, Legal, Military, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology
Strategic Sourcing Cons 4|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.Â
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Â
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Â
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Strategic Sourcing Group within Supply Chain Management is responsible for leading the end-to-end third party service provider selection and contracting process to enable expense optimization, and reduce vendor contract risk in support of both Line of Business (LOB) and enterprise objectives.Â
Wells Fargo is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Consultant 4 (SSC4) who will be responsible for leading and managing spend categories, developing strategic sourcing strategies for complex engagements, and leading both supplier selection and contract negotiations for high-risk and highly complex products and/or services, that have significant strategic business impacts in cross enterprise initiatives. Â The SSC4 will also be accountable for delivering category expense savings/avoidances, and drafting customized contract terms to proactively address business requirements and risk concerns. Â They will maintain a deep understanding of more than one specific vendor contracting approach, category knowledge and industry information. They will also train, lead and mentor other SSCs and act as a sourcing SME.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Proactively identifies and escalates contract risk-related issues, and identifies and creates alternative contract language to mitigate risks (financial, operational, and reputational) when negotiating Master Agreements, Transaction Documents (e.g. Statement of Work or Schedule), Amendments and other contractual documents.Â
- Works with senior management and key stakeholders across the LOB or enterprise to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service strategies, while representing and advocating SCM strategies and goals in cross-enterprise initiatives and teams.
- Work with business partners to identify and drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) process improvements to reduce costs. Â
- Supports initiatives specific to e-business (procure-to-pay), supplier diversity, and sustainability in an effort to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies.Â
- Provide input and leadership into the development of LOB periodic business reviews, Strategic Sourcing's annual LOB and category strategy reviews and acts as Strategic Sourcing's liaison to key LOB leadersÂ
- Lead vendor governance activities (i.e. supplier briefs, internal stakeholder meetings, vendor periodic business reviews) specific to Wells Fargo's most critical vendors. Â
- Contribute to improving LOB and/or Strategic Sourcing processes & systems to enable more robust processes, or efficiencies/expense reductions.
- Support SCM, Strategic Sourcing and/or team manager with the ability to effectively matrix across the enterprise on various key assignments, and can fill in for management by attending key meetings and providing day-to-day direction and support to less experienced team members.Â
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: sourcing, technical sales, consulting, or vendor management demonstrated through work or military experience; or a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree and 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: sourcing, technical sales, consulting, or vendor management
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract negotiation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of sourcing methodology
- Financial services industry experience
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience managing third party relationships and measuring performance results
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Fundamental understanding of contract law, including a minimum of 7 years' experience drafting, reviewing, and interpreting contracts.Â
- Comprehensive sourcing and contract negotiation experience with suppliers in one or more of the following categories: professional services or contingent labor, technology (e.g. IT consulting and hardware/software/SaaS), facilities and or construction, financial services industry related products and services.
- Ability to project manage deals, including legal, financial and stakeholder reviews.Â
- Experience negotiating contracts and sourcing for a large complex organization in highly regulated environment.
- Proficiency with leading web-based contract management, strategic sourcing (RFx) and reverse auction tools (ex: Beeline, Emptoris, and Ariba).Â
- Strong benchmarking and analysis capabilities.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 8505 Ibm Drive - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.